The Royal Palaces Security Detachment
The Royal Palaces Security Detachment is part of the General Directorate of Administrative Police.
Its role consists mainly in ensuring the security of the Royal Family as well of its estates.
Here is an overview of its responsibilities:
- Guarding the estates and residences of the head of state and his family.
- The Royal Palace of Brussels
- The Royal Castle of Laeken
- The Belvédère Castle
- The Stuyvenberg Royal Domain
- The Ciergnon and Fenffe Royal Domains
- Protecting the King and the Royal Family in the exercise of their official or private activities in Belgium or abroad. Under certain conditions, the security detachment can also protect foreign personalities who are invited by the Royal Family.
- Providing the royal family with traffic escorts and a courier service.